International Repatriation - Home and Abroard - Plus Transport Within the UK
We understand what a difficult time it is when a friend or relative dies abroad. We are experts in this field and well placed in bringing them home to you. It is also a difficult time when someone dies in the UK who is resident abroad and needs to return to their home country.
We will take care of all the red tape and difficulties and ensure that your loved one has a safe and trouble free passage. Over the years Mark Jales has dealt with many such cases. Each country has its own regulations and Mark is able to advise you in such cases.
In all circumstances the repatriation both into and out of the UK has to be reported to H.M. Coroner. In cases where your loved one is being brought into the UK the coroner will hold an inquest and possibly a post-mortem. The coroner will then release the deceased to us for cremation or burial.
Full repatriation services to and from any country in the world.
We deal with the major Consulates and Embassies abroad and have knowledge of their requirements relating to documentation.
We take care of the removal of the deceased from the hospital, all the relevant documents and permits that are required, supply of a simple coffin/casket for transportation purposes, embalming, embassy visits and transfer to the airport.
We arrange charter and scheduled flight bookings for the deceased as soon as is possible.
We arrange for documentation to proceed through customs clearance as quickly as possible and arrange handling at the airport for the deceased to be collected from the aircraft.
Collection and delivery service throughout the UK 24hrs per day, 7 days per week.
Due to our knowledge of Government offices we are able to be up to date on the constant changing rules and regulations many countries worldwide require when repatriating a foreign national back to their homeland.
If our services are required for a repatriation we are able to provide the following:
• Transfer to our premises from any location nationwide
• Preparation for the journey home
• Viewing in a private chapel of rest
• Collection of luggage and personal effects
• A coffin or casket suitable for international transportation
• Faith rituals for all religious denominations
• Liaison with all parties involved
• Complete document service
• Translation of documents
• Foreign Office, Embassy and Consular visits
• Flight for deceased, clearances and transfer to airport
• Indirect flights also available
• Concierge service for mourners
• Obituary notices
Mark Jales International Department can satisfy the customer in providing a professional, courteous, sympathetic service.
We can arrange repatriations for Insurance / Assistance companies and private individuals. We work with the Police Forces, Foreign office, British Embassies and Consulates abroad for the repatriation of deceased people.
When we receive instructions to organise a repatriation of the deceased we act immediately to eliminate any further delays or problems.
We are able to provide the following:
• Prepare the deceased in accordance with local requirements
• Arrange a local memorial service, burial or cremation where the tragedy occurred
Organise international repatriation, providing:
• A coffin suitable for international transportation
• Co ordinate documentation, permits and flights
• Return luggage and personal effects
• Liaise with the receiving funeral home and all parties involved
• Arrange a memorial or funeral service at final destination
• Communicate with all parties
• Concierge service for relatives
The service can incorporate collection from an airport or coroner/hospital removal to a receiving funeral home or from one funeral home to another. Whatever your circumstances we would like to reassure you we can accommodate whatever your request.
We also arrange collection and transfer of deceased persons and coffin transport within the United Kingdom. For instance if someone passes away in a hospital in the Uk and the family or organisation wishes our assistance we will provide the following:
The coffin transport service we provide is as follows:
• Prompt Estimate on request
• Customs Clearance and Specialist handling at the airport
• Payment of relevant clearances
• Collection of deceased from Airport
• Transfer of deceased to receiving Funeral Director or Hospital or Coroners Mortuary
• Translation of death certificates if required
If it's not possible for mourners to travel abroad to attend the funeral, a memorial or thanksgiving service offers the opportunity to say goodbye together before the repatriation.
• Estimate on request
• Hearse, funeral director and bearers
• Limousine (accommodating 6 persons)
• Booking the Church Service and discussing arrangements with the priest & family
• Making payment to the Priest for his services, the organist and the church
• Printing Order of Service
• Memorial Books
Approx. Charges for deceased persons transported FROM the UK to:
Latvia £ 2185
Lithuania £ 2185
Romania £ 2660
Poland £ £2185
Bulgaria £ 2685
Hungary £ 2265
Greece £ 2530
Northern Ireland £ 1485
Italy £ 4535
Jamaica £ 2940
United States of America £ 2535
Mainland China £2700
Hong Kong £ 2500
(The prices listed are to give you an idea of cost. Full estimates will be given upon application)
PLEASE NOTE THAT A DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED IN GBP BEFORE ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE FOR EITHER RECEIVING OR SENDING THE DECEASED TO OR FROM ABROARD.
WE TAKE MOST MAJOR CREDIT CARDS
UK Transport Of The Deceased.
We can also arrange collection and transfer of the deceased within the United Kingdom. For example; if someone passes away in hospital/nursing home/own home, we are able to provide the following:
- Prompte Estimate on request
- Arranging relevant cremation or burial certificates where required
- Provision of the removal from place of death to our Chapel of Rest
- Provision of a coffin where required
- Provision of embalming where necessary
- Transportation to a receiving funeral directors anywhere in the UK
We are also able to provide this service as collection from the airport or coroners mortuary to a receiving funeral directors, or from one funeral directors to another. Whatever your circumstances we reassure you that we can accomodate your request.